Doctor Science Knows

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Evolutionary Psych & so on Book club?

I'm partway through reading The Invisible Sex: Uncovering the True Roles of Women in Prehistory, and I want as many of you as possible read it so we can discuss it in a book group of some time. This is indeed the droid I've been looking for: not "the evolution of woman", but how to look at the evolution of both human sexes in a single, evolving organism, and how they have developed into human genders. Ev-psycho free so far, just science.

The writers' expertise is in paleoarchaeology & anthropology, especially of perishable technology: wood, string, textiles. So far their tale is a little week in primatology & biology; I can't speak to their physical anthropology. I'd love to be able to talk about it when I'm done, though, so I'm giving you-all a heads up that Talk might happen in a couple weeks.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Oh I've been wanting to read this, and it'll be good to hear about it from a solid scientist (rather than the hordes of Internet Faux-Scientists who babble on about supposed racial and gender differences).

    -Leia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home